Monday, July 4, 2011

Creative Thinking


http://freelancefolder.com/ways-to-become-more-creative/




We all started out creatively free. Remember the sandbox? All you needed was warm toes in bare sand, and maybe a good bucket. Then you could build your own world!

"In school things changed the chairs were all in rows and your trees were to be colored green instead of purple. If you lived in a world of purple trees you probably learned how to hide it. I remember my sky was always pink and my trees were just about any color I could imagine. I remember in school asking the teacher if I had to sit in a chair in the classroom, why couldn't I sit on the floor? Well, she basically told me this is how it was done in school. I began to hide my creative thinking at this point in my life." Taken from SARK
http://www.planetsark.com/

"Why do things have to be a certain way? Why can't we make up our own rules? Why can't my trees be purple or orange?" I've been known to think out of the box on more than one occasion, that is what makes life fun! Creative Thinking is what makes my mind free and I have found through SARK how I can use my Creative Thinking to work out tragic events and obstacles that have come my way.

What inspires you? Music, Art, Scenery, Poetry? Do tell what is inspires you?

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in what you said about our creative ideas being squelched when we get to school. I'm a teacher, and I agree with you 100% about that! Sometimes I think the only reason we make kids go to school for 12 years is to teach them to conform to authority and to keep them out of the way so the adult world can do its business of making money all day long. I guess that's an 'old' person attitude, isn't it? Anyway, in my classroom I try to foster creative thinking and individuality as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, did you go to the freelance website below the paint brushes? I believe creative time needs to be put into every classroom. Some of the Greats were Creative Thinkers without classroom instruction. Look at Mozart his creative thinking led him to greatness.
    Thanks for the message, I think I will take out my brushes and canvas today

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments....

Blog Archive