Wednesday, January 12, 2011

His Death/My Words - Shakespeare

Full Many A Glorious Morning Have I seen (Sonnet 33)
by: William Shakespeare

Full Many a glorious morning have I seen
Flatter the moutain-tops with sovereign eye,
Kissing with golden face the meadows green,
Gilding pale streams with heavenly alchemy,
Anon permit the basest clouds to ride
With ugly rack on his celestial face,
And from the forlorn world his visage hide,
Stealing unseen to west with this disgrace:
Even so my sun one early morn did shine
WIth all-triumphant splendour on my brow,
But, out! alack! he was but one hour mine;
The region cloud hath masked him from me now.
Yet him for this my love no whit desdaineth;
Suns of the world may stain when heaven's sun staineth.

I chose to read from Shakespeare's mouth at my father's funeral little did I know that I wouldn't be able to speak once I reflected on his death standing at the podium, what did I think of most? I thought how much he loved my mother, and how he took care of her at the end of her life. He was not a man of many words, he was a many that knew, he knew deep inside that love is ACTION. He put his love into action by providing for his family and loving us the only way he knew how. As I stood at the podium reflecting on my father's death and life I thought of my husband, the love of my life. He loves me the way my father loved my mother and I never realized how important it was that I have a man that loved with a Servant Heart, my father had the same Servant Heart. On this day I'm reflecting on the LOVE of my father and how grateful I am that God allowed me to see Dad through HIS eyes. I miss you daddy I will always be your Paputsy.

Memory: I can recall dad bringing me to Uncle Lloyd's house, his older brother many times as a child.  My father loved all of his  brothers and sisters, probably more than I realized at that time. Every time someone would come to our house, he would show them the famous picture of all of his family with their spouses. My father was a caring, gentle soul who always wanted PEACE, as Father Sigur would say
"Peace Be With You"

Note to self: Find more of dad's family 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful dedication to your dad. I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments....

Blog Archive