Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"JOURNEY TO THE JEANS"


 




  Today I make the choice to take care of my body. Why have I stopped looking in the mirror? Yes, I think I'm beautiful inside and out (no, I'm not cocky I just feel good about who I am) but I know I have gained a considerable amount of weight due partly to my neck and back condition. I have to truly ask myself, why am I eating? Now that I'm unable to work on a regular basis due to my condition I find myself quite challenged. I guess you could say I defined myself by my work. The driven force to be reckoned with is at an em pass. What to do with all of my free time and basically what to do with myself? I did start eating more since the injury but I admit I have used the injury as an excuse. I'm home now so I cook at least 3 times a week.

  Am I eating because I'm hungry? No. Am I eating because I'm bored? Yes, at times I am. I eat late at night when I can't sleep  while watching T.V. This of course known to be quite a trigger for over eaters. My mom was very overweight and I swore I would never be her. Well, I'm not her but I find myself hiding to eat and I know on many occasions my mother would do the same thing. Eating for comfort doesn't truly make you feel better, afterwards I feel like a  MOOOOOO COW. I don't live on a farm so I have to say Cows are not allowed in my home.

  I have made a choice to take care of my body TODAY! Thank you Fit blogger http://fitblogger.ca/featured-blog/ for the encouragement. I watched Julie and Julia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvJHsJD8ic , the movie about a girl who blogged her way through Julia Child's Cookbook, The Joy of Cooking http://www.thejoykitchen.com/JOYfriend.lasso?tag=JChild&menu=two . I have committed today to blog daily on my success, trials, and tribulations with finding my TRUE SELF, which means taking care of my body and learning about the inner workings of my Overeating. Thank you for taking this wonderful ride with me and I hope to achieve my goal. I haven't chosen to weigh my goal by trying to achieve and ideal weight. I have chosen to achieve my goal by a specific pair of Jeans. Welcome to my "JOURNEY TO THE JEANS" Picture painted by my daughter that gives me inspiration,  "Tuscany, Italy" http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/screenplay/vi101647129/ The movie "Under the Tuscan Sun " another motivation for me and attached below my motivated pair of size 8 Gap Jeans.

Karin D'Aunoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments....

Blog Archive